(The Pas, MB) – On October 16 & 17, 2019, the University College of the North, in partnership with the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce and Look North will host the Linkages in Northern Economic Development Conference at the Metis Hall, The Pas Manitoba.
The focus is to initiate creative, critical thinking and collaborative conversations about northern economic and human development. Northern Manitoba is at a critical juncture and we need to work together to create new paradigms, new goals and new opportunities for northern people. The Linkages Conference will be the conversation about our future. Audience members include Indigenous and non-Indigenous community, education, industry and government will engage in interactive discussions of northern economic development strategies, innovation, how to thrive in a time of change, and connecting the north to the world.
Guest speakers include:
- The Honourable Senator Patricia Bovey;
- Minister Blaine Pedersen, Minister of Growth, Enterprise and Trade, Province of Manitoba;
- James Wilson, Chairperson, Communities Economic Development Fund;
- Jennifer Flett, Onuschekew, Opaskwayak Cree Nation;
- Gabrielle Scrimshaw, Hatchet Lake First Nation;
- Ken Coates, Canada Research Chair in Regional Innovation;
- Teresa Dukes, President, North Forge;
- Michael Yarowy, Community Market Manager, Norman Market, Royal Bank of Canada;
- Andrea Legary, Senior Mgr., Deloitte Global Investment and Innovations Incentives, Winnipeg;
- Zach Robert, Manager, Deloitte Private Audit Group Winnipeg;
- Sonya Penner, Exec. Director, Post – Secondary Education and Labour Market Outcomes, Manitoba Education and Training;
- Gary Merasty – Executive Vice President of The North West Company,
- Kathy Knight, CEO, Information & Communication Technologies Association of Manitoba;
- Joel Dandeneau, Director, People & Culture, ID Fusion;
- Ashleigh Lodge, Application Development Manager, Neovation Learning Solutions;
- Kent Smith, Independent IT Consultant.
We are also joined by our dinner keynote speaker, Dr. Matthew Coon Come – Former Grand Chief of the Cree’s. Dr. Coon Come will speak to the economic development strategy, Plan Nord, how the Quebec government and Quebec’s Grand Council of Cree’s came to signing this historic agreement and the importance of such partnership.
To view the full program and additional speakers, visit www.ucnlinkages.ca
Doug Lauvstad – President & Vice-Chancellor, University College of the North, Chuck Davidson – CEO and President, Manitoba Chambers of Commerce, Lindsay Dandeaneau, Look North.
Who: University College of the North, Manitoba Chambers of Commerce, Look North
What: Linkages in Northern Economic Development Conference
When: Wednesday, October 16 & Thursday, October 17, 2019
Where: Metis Hall, The Pas Manitoba.
University College of the North provides learning opportunities to northern communities while respecting diverse Indigenous and northern values.
CONTACT: Monte Koshel
UCN Director of Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org / 204.627.8244
email@example.com / 204.391.4419
The post University College of the North: Linkages in Northern Economic Development Conference appeared first on NationTalk.